Yoga for ChildrenChildren and their parents today live in a hurried world that despite the latest technologies and time saving gadgets they are time poor and stressed. Anxiety and stress is a very real issue for children and can have a profound effect on their innate joy and happiness.
Many small children find it difficult to express themselves and they can often feel frustrated and misunderstood. Through yoga children learn techniques to balance their emotions, self-calm, relax and improve their self-esteem.
Yoga with children offers many possibilities to exchange wisdom, share good times and storytelling. Children love to talk and move and yoga offers both these opportunities. In addition to the physical aspects of yoga it offers children the opportunity to express and release feelings through sound.
Creating Balance teaches ‘Yoga for Children’ at Schools, OOSH, Holiday Programs and Family Classes. We offer classes for 3-4year olds and 5-8year olds. Plus ‘Yoga 4 Kids Parties’ which are heaps of fun and can be tailored to the theme of your party.
- Develops strong, flexible and healthy bodies
- Minimises and prevents injury
- Improves body awareness and coordination
- Helps breathing and lung capacity
- Builds energy and stamina
- Sets the foundation for a healthy life
- Builds confidence and self-esteem
- Develops concentration and attention
- Calms the nervous system
- Balances emotions
- Relaxation for the mind and improves sleep patterns
- Fosters creativity, expression and imagination
- Cultivates kindness to self and others
- Teaches respect for self and others
- Builds inner strength and resilience
- Focuses on positive self talk
- Let’s them realise they are perfect beings just the way they are